Daily Happenings

Daily Happenings:
Let’s just say I over did it Monday. I was bound and determined to get our row of potatoes up and I did, with Dakotas help. He was home that day and he said if I made him some breakfast he would help me get them in. So he got breakfast. Lol. The bad part was, I had to weed around the plants so we could find the stem and mound. That was the slowest and hardest part. He dug with the shovel then we went back up the row picking up the potatoes. Way before we stopped, I could feel myself getting nauseaus, and dizzy. I just pushed myself to just go on. I did not tell Dakota. By the time I got in the house I was so foggy headed and disoriented. I thought I was going to throw up. I took a shower and layed down to rest. My back was killing me. I got up confused and asked Dakota if he would go pick up his brother at football practice. I did not trust myself to drive. I stayed in my recliner the rest of the night. It’s a good thing we had left overs in the fridge. I was still nauseaus and incoherent that night. David made me promise to never do that again and I obliged. I had to break down and take a muscle relaxer that night.

Mostly sore and my back hurting. But I spent all day processing potatoes. Washing, cutting up, and packing into jars and canning.  photo PhotoGrid_1470764461210_zpsdohpcud1.jpg
Thank God for more left overs. Lol. I needed my kitchen for all its space. When ever I am outside I can’t hardly walk for these two under my feet constantly. Geez.  photo PhotoGrid_1471112708134_zpsdnrwnri0.jpg
I am so sore I can’t hardly get around. I have soaked in a hot bath last night and it didn’t work. Muscle relaxer didn’t work. I’m just having to go at my own pace to get these taters finished. I know there are more out there that we missed and we will go back and get them.  I dropped Dallas off at school and came back and picked the peppers that were ready. Tomatoes will just have to wait til tomorrow morning. I have to have my stove for them. Will get some rest after I finish running the pressure cookers. Then finally cook supper. They are getting tired of left overs. Sloppy joe pies and French fries using some of our home grown potatoes from yesterday. Maybe I will sleep better tonight and not hurt so bad.

Thursday: I had an easy morning. At first I painted my truck Windows with Dallas’ football number and team. photo PhotoGrid_1470925071817_zps0outeqxs.jpg
This year he had to change numbers. I’m OK with that, I’m just having another T-shirt made. Then, I picked the tomatoes and brought them in and processed them. I knew I had to get some rest before that evening. Dallas had a scrimmage game that night. My back was still bothering me. After some rest, I get ready and go up to the school to take Dallas something before they loaded the bus to go to the game and they are in the cafeteria eating. As I start to walk away he yells, “I Love You Mommy!” in front of all his buddy’s and coaches. I would say he’s still a mommas boy and he’s proud of it. Everyone said…”awwwww”.
 photo PhotoGrid_1470959647055_zpsm5tnprhy.jpg
Daddy meets me at the school and we head out. We get to the school and go in and find our spot. We’re watching our boys and Before the game he runs off the field and up into the bleachers to give mom and dad a hug. I think he’s a little excited. #thiskid  photo PhotoGrid_1470959714285_zpsckshisjg.jpg  photo PhotoGrid_1470959768344_zpshvcdkn44.jpg
We didn’t win but these boys had fun and us parents had fun watching them. We get back to the school and get our kids and go home. Dallas was the first in bed.

Friday: I cut up all the peppers and got them into sealed bags and in the freezer. I do laundry and then rested. Dallas doesn’t have football practice on Fridays so I had to go get him in the car rider line. Got home and fixed supper. I think I finally got the hang of cornbread. Yea, I stunk at it. Made fresh green beans with new potatoes in bacon grease. Yummy. Cornbread and hamburger steaks with gravy.
After supper daddy and I got outside. He was spraying and I was weeding my flower beds.
Came in, showered and got in bed.

Saturday: Dallas had karate to get him prepped for his belt test next Saturday. I’m a nervous wreck. He is going to do fine. photo PhotoGrid_1471101992022_zpsat5cakyn.jpg Dakota and Jossie came up to the dojo and sat with us and I took them to lunch afterwards. Came home and rested and got up and cooked supper. I made Chicken fajitas, Fiesta Beans, Spanish Rice and home made flour tortillas using my tortilla press. Even the pickiest eater said they were OK. Hey, I’m trying. They were recipes from Ree Drummand, Pioneer Woman. I love her show. Just gonna chill the rest of the night.


About 4dfarms

I am a wife to an amazingly dedicated, devoted, and loyal husband whom God sent to me. I am a mother to two wonderful boys to whom I'd give my life for. Around here we have homeschooled, we farm, garden, hunt, fish and anything else we want to do. Although I do have Rheumatoid Arthritis. Sometimes its hard for me to keep up. If it was not for my husband and two boys, I could not do some of what I do. They really do help me alot. We work together as a team in my home. We try our best to train up our children in the fear and admonition of the Lord. Yea, they slip sometimes and correction has to be made. Thats life. I want so badly to be just like the Proverbs 31 woman. My grandmother did an awesome job of it and Id like to fill her shoes.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s