Daddy’s Home

– <![CDATA[ par
pardtx0tx959tx1918tx2877tx3836tx4795tx5754tx6713tx7672tx8631f1fs20 I am one happy wife right now. My hubby is home with us. After getting only a few hrs sleep one day, then going in on the night shift, he worked 8 hrs (suppose to be 12) and they let him go home. He goes straight to his apt. packs, and heads out. He calls me and says hes on his way home to me. I begged him to stop somewhere and get some rest but I knew he would not have it. He would not be able to rest, because he was too excited to be coming home after being gone a month. He drives straight through 22 hrs. He got home late late that night. He was so relieved to finally make it home. School was out the next day due to severe flooding in our area and this suited us just fine, we had the whole weekend to be with daddy. Daddy was so glad to be home so he could protect us. par
You see, we are in Tornado Alley. We are in the south where all the 200 and something tornados have gone through, not to mention severe flooding and the MS river overflowing. This is a repeat of last yr around this same time. In the last month we have spent many sleepless nights due to watching the weather, and listening to the weather radio go off right by my ear scaring the day lights out of me, and watching over our families. While daddy was gone it was my place to keep us safe. Homes and lives have been lost, but God has stayed his hands and moved the storms from our path. Thank You God. Daddy has never been so worried about us in his life. par
One day I did however messed up and caused him a chaotic worry that I swore Id never do again. Dakota was at school and an alert came over the tv, severe thunderstorm warning etc. etc. Then all the sudden were under a tornado warning cause one had been spotted about 45 min. away moving 70 mph. I thought I had enough time to get down to the barn and check on everyone and make sure they were ok and me and Dallas were headed to my mother in laws house where it is safer(we are in a mobile home). Well I misjudged my timing. Dallas and I were not at the barn 10 minutes when the hairs on the back of my neck stood straight up and I heard the awfullest noise and wind, ERIE!!!!!! God told me to run for cover, I started shaking and shouted for Dallas to grab my hand and put his hoodie on his head and keep up!!!!!!!!! It was raining so hard and the wind was howling I could hardly see where we were going but we were headed behind the barn. I tossed him over the fence ( I dont know how I did that, God was helping me), I jumped the fence (really, dont know how I did that either, still it was God), and we headed for a dug out up against some trees. I told Dallas to hold on to me….I told him if the wind got any stronger to hug that tree and no matter what,,, dont let go!!!!!!! He started crying and so did I. Then my heart sank more when I realized Dakota was at school. I was not there to keep him safe. Ive always been I wasnt. Oh, God,, keep my babies safe was all I could say.. As soon as it came, it went. Dallas and I were soaked and freezing to death. I thanked the Lord and our crying stopped. We gathered our senses about us and headed back up to the house. Under pinning had been blown from underneath our house but that was all. Thank You Again God. Later, we went and got Dakota at school. I was so glad to see him I wanted to burst out crying again. He told us they were in the hall for 4 hrs with their heads tucked between their knees. They finally got up a 2pm and let the whole school eat lunch together. They cannot move while under tornado warnings. Everyone stayed put. I knew in my heart he was safer there than he would have been here and I am greatful for our school system keeping their safety in mind. We shared out stories when Daddy called that night, but Daddy was outraged when I told him my story, for the first time in 21 yrs he hung up on me..not out of childishness or stupidity…but he was so scared he literally could not say anything… and if he could have… I probably could not repeat what he would have said. To his way of thinking…it was a stupid thing I did putting animals before my other sons life first and my life. We are all he has he said to me and I did not try to get us to safety first. Once the realization sank in he was right and I felt awful. I endangered Dallas’ life along with my own that day. I should have gotten out of there. Animals can be replaced but we cannot. I understood his hurt deeply. I vowed I would never do that again. The very next day I proved that to him. At 6am while we were getting ready to take Dakota to school, here came another tornado warning. I got him to school early, cause I knew they were already getting them in the hallway for the kids who were already showing up for school. Dakota begged us to come in with him and take cover…but I knew I also had to check on my mother in law who was home alone. I told him we would be fine, we were headed to Nanny’s now. We got there and waited out that storm. After 3 hrs, we got home exhausted. I was in no mood to do school and that satisfied Dallas. Later, that night, in the wee hrs. the weather radio went off near my head and tornado warning went off. I immediately woke the boys and made them get clothes on and get to the truck. We went back to my mother in laws and crawled in beds and when it was over went to sleep. Daddy had been proud of me for keeping them safe. But some how when daddys home everyone feels safe anyway. It has been one eventful and scary month for our area. When Daddy was gone he said the first thing we were going to do when he got home, was get a storm shelter built, and we are looking at some now. I will feel much safer. One day we may not have any time to drive to safety, it will be right there for us when we need it. My husband has always been the one to stay up late at night and wee hrs of the morning watching weather when its bad to keep us safe. Now I know how he feels. Its exhausting but you do it because you loves them dearly. par
On a lighter note: amongst all the storms we had chickies to hatch. Here are some coming out of the shells. We watched them all day.par
I just knew they would not survive considering all the times the elec. was out. But to our amazement we had 12 to hatch. I lost two due to taking them out of the incubator too soon. 3 were stuck in the shells and I could save one. I know your not suppose to do this but, I had to help it out, it had been in there for almost tow days just peeping like it was begging for help. I knew it was going to be weak.par
PhotobucketUnder warm water, I helped get the shell off its body without pulling any skin or feathers. I immediately died it off with the blow dryer and got it onto a heating pad for warmth. PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketIts little eyes seem to be thanking me somehow. Dallas brought me his box daddy made him to use as a ft. for his army men. He said, here mom, let me open the windows and doors for I started giving it some gatorade through a dropper to keep it hydrated and get some electrolytes down it. I didnt know if it would make it or not but today it seems to be doing fine. It is getting fluffy and is drinking a little from the dropper. I have added a little feed to it and made it soupy to try to get some nutrition down it. It is trying now to stand a little, before it was just wallering around on the pad. I think Ill name it Tiger for Eye of the Tiger off of Rocky… par
The babies are doing fine and growing, I need a tshirt that says,”My goats walk all over me” they still love me. Ginger is due this weekend. I would give anything if she would have them while my mother and daddy are here visiting. She is going to come up here, since I told her I was not comfortable leaving when she could go into labor. I always go to MS to see her for Mothers Day. She said she understood, and as long as weather is ok, they will come up here to see us. Then a week later Joe Joe is due. Boy will I be busy again.par
I have put another batch of eggs in the incubator. Well see again in 21 days. par
UhOh, gotta go, the weather alarm just went off again, more bad weather headed our way…par
Everyone stay safe and maybe Ill talk to yall ltr.par
pardsb100sa100f0fs24 ]]> par


About 4dfarms

I am a wife to an amazingly dedicated, devoted, and loyal husband whom God sent to me. I am a mother to two wonderful boys to whom I'd give my life for. Around here we have homeschooled, we farm, garden, hunt, fish and anything else we want to do. Although I do have Rheumatoid Arthritis. Sometimes its hard for me to keep up. If it was not for my husband and two boys, I could not do some of what I do. They really do help me alot. We work together as a team in my home. We try our best to train up our children in the fear and admonition of the Lord. Yea, they slip sometimes and correction has to be made. Thats life. I want so badly to be just like the Proverbs 31 woman. My grandmother did an awesome job of it and Id like to fill her shoes.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s